/* */

Friday, March 02, 2007

Book Review: The Secret Lives of Men and Women

On a whim yesterday, I picked up one of the PostSecret books at the library. This one is called The Secret Lives of Men and Women. If you are unfamiliar with PostSecret, the concept is simple. People mail in post cards on which they have written their secrets. They are posted on the website, and have been compiled into three books so far. Many of the postcards are handmade collages. The secrets people send in vary from "I rescheduled a business conference so I wouldn't miss my dogs birthday," to "I've been with my wife for 20 years and she doesn't know who I am." They are funny, heartbreaking, and disturbing, sometimes all on the same page.

Why am I reviewing this book here? Why havn't I been reading more books that will help you meet the person of your dreams? Because if you want to understand people and relationships, this book is an excellent place to start.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 6:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've always been skeptical of those PostSecret books. I feel like a lot of comments just have to be phony. But we can learn from fiction, too, I suppose.

 
At 12:11 PM, Blogger Mia said...

I'm sure many of them are fake, but there were enough of them where I said, "Me too!" to make me think there is a lot of truth to it. I think its a normal human trait to want to confess our secrets, and I can imagine many people jumping at the chance to publish their secrets out there for the world to see, but to do so annonymously.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home